People no longer know the meaning of the word resolve. That World of Warcraft commercial with Chuck Norris that says he doesn't hunt because that would imply the possibility of losing. That is what resolve means. It will happen.
I don't make resolutions. I cannot claim the future. Tomorrow may not come.
But, if tomorrow comes, four things will happen this year.
1. I will walk more. Note I am not saying I will lose weight. Nope. Just walk more. Fuck weight. I love food. It's good for me. And I'm taking pills so I don't have a heart attack at 35. I just need to walk more.
2. I will graduate. This of course requires getting a final internship. But that will happen. It can't not happen. The field department will make sure of it. Maybe I won't get the one I want. Whatevs. I will get one and I will graduate.
3. I will get a (real) job. This is not an option. Hopefully, I will get promised a job wherever I intern. But, I'd rather leave Florida. Fuck this state. It's a complete nightmare.
4. I will get (another) flu shot in the fall because I love my fellow human beings and we all deserve a safer, healthier world.
In the mean time, I have four more classes to pass and many hours of video games to play. Yes. Many hours. This is what life is about.
Sounds good to me!
ReplyDeletelol, one of my resolutions was a World of Warcraft based resolution. To um... get certain achievements done in game this year >.>
ReplyDelete