Google Analytics Alternative

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Net Neutrality

I just want to clarify how I feel on the issue.

This was originally a comment on Skepchick.

The internet is the single greatest tool humanity has ever created because of the capacity to endlessly transmit knowledge. It is our last best hope, and that is no hyperbole. Knowledge is our only weapon against everything. Net Neutrality is absolutely vital to maintaining open access to that information, for guaranteeing that everyone has equal access to he information they want to see, not just to what your ISP wants you to see.

In my opinion, all other issues hinge on the ability to learn about them, thus free speech is the single most important right and the single most important value we have. Thus, since the internet is the greatest tool we've ever had for speech, Net Neutrality is the single greatest issue humanity has ever faced. And I don't feel the least bit silly saying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment